Sunday, October 4, 2009

Jacques Beauregard, Mayoral Candidate



Jacques Beauregard
Mayoral candidate for Option Rawdon.

I studied in Montreal and in England
and a former member of the Order of the Jesuits
Historian in English History ( Reformation and Medieval Law) I'm a lawyer
and have been practicing Business Law in Montreal since 1976 in private practice, in-house corporate counsel ( with Desjardins) and in business association and lobby ( The Canadian Bankers’ Association).

My wife, Niquette Delage is a lawyer by trade.
As a journalist, she was the Founding Director of the Quebec Consumer Protection Bureau. She was the conceptor of “Protégez-Vous”.
Her career has been mainly in non profit organisations. She is the present Director general of the Roman Catholic body COMMUNICATIONS ET SOCIÉTÉ. Her offices are in Montreal. She also sits on Catholic national and international boards in the field of Communications.

We came to Rawdon in 1980. We lived near the Dorwin Falls, and then in Masonville(1986), before we moved in the Village next to Parc Nicoll (1993).

Our two daughters studied ballet with Do Watling. Both attended the Summer Day Camp at the Municipal Beach on Rawdon Lake. They were Summer Day Camp instructors.
My wife did volunteer work at the Library with Alice Quintal.

My wife and I have been doing volunteer work at the Roman Catholic Parish Marie-Reine-du-Monde/ St. Patrick. In particular I continue my activities of Liturgy Animator as I have been doing for nearly 50 years.

Among my civic successes in Montreal:
Core Changes to the Development Plan of René Lépine’s LE SANCTUAIRE DU MONT-ROYAL Development;
The creation of de Sousa Mendès Park in Côte-des-Neiges with 100% support of the neighbourhood;
Member of the Westmount Tax Action Committee (1988-1990) for a responsible and stringent municipal taxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment